Working in remote settings might be tough. It’s not that easy to feel connected to your team, and everyone is on the risk to feel lonely. When our team started to grow fast, we came up with the idea of Hygge Team, that would keep Incas cozy and well.
What is Hygge?
This Danish concept cannot be translated to one single word but encompasses a feeling of cozy contentment and well-being through enjoying the simple things in life. If you’ve ever enjoyed reading a book indoors on a rainy Sunday or a cup of hot cocoa on a snow day, you’ve experienced hygge without even knowing it.
Inca Hygge Team is here to create warm atmosphere and create these moments of enjoying the good things in life with good people. You can always come to the team with the following questions:
- you would like to know more about Incas (team, culture, our past, present and future);
- you need support with your professional or personal milestones;
- you know how to make our next workation even more hyggelig;
- you just need a chat with someone nice ☕️
We want to stay connected, even though we are remote. Hygge Packages is one of the ways to make the team feel united.
Every 3-4 months, we pick 2 volunteers who will create Hygge Packages for everyone. Someone from the Hygge Team will work with the volunteers to help with putting everything together and overseeing delivery.
How to create a Hygge Package
Brainstorm on the package content with the project group. We had a lot of success with alpaca hats, socks, and scarves, ponchos, and gloves. They are light and easy to mail in an envelope. We have an easy shipping solution: a business partner that accepts all of our items in bulk, rearranges them in individual packages, mails them, and oversees the delivery. In case you’d like to go beyond this solution, make sure to plan the logistics.
How to get in contact with Hygge team?
- Go to Hygge team members on our Github Teams page;
- Choose the person you’d like to talk to;
- Ping them on GitHub, write in Element or schedule a Google Meeting, using your inca.digital account.
The Hygge Manifesto